Procter & Gamble
Closed: Submissions closed on 9/17/2021
Unmet Need | Partnership Opportunity, Direct Investment
Background: Pet Care needs and spending is growing rapidly in the US and globally and has escalated with COVID. 68% of Americans have a pet and spend on cleaning/odor solutions alone is projected to reach $3.9 billion by 2025. The ideal solutions would be physical and digital tools that let people more seamlessly live with their pet. These solutions need to be easy to use and not require consumers to undergo tedious training programs or make compensating behaviors to how they live in their house. They need to be for people who see their pet as part of their family or as a child. These solutions should meet the physical, mental, and emotional needs of the pet and the consumer.
Pet Hair Management: PGV is interested in proactive and reactive methods for cleaning pet hair messes in the home specifically around hair management on clothing, floors, furniture, and car and for the following jobs to be done:
- Help me remove or prevent getting hair all over my clothes, furniture, and floor.
- Help my dog not to shed so much.
- Help me show up polished when I go somewhere or when people come into my home.
Home Destruction / Pet Behavior Issues: PGV is interested in preventing pet messes in the home caused by pet destruction including chewing, scratching, peeing, and pooping. We’ve found that consumers anxiety and/or pets with anxiety/boredom/dominance issues are often the reason these messes occur. The following consumer problem articulations are of interest for Physical and Digital solutions:
- Help me keep my house and things from being destroyed and, if they are, help me restore them to their original condition
- Help me not to be worried when I need to leave my pet.
- Help my pet to not have anxiety when I leave.
- Help me to prevent and clean up the mess and allergens my dog brings from the outside into my house
Pet Odor: PGV is interested in learning more about proactive and reactive methods for cleaning pet messes in the home caused by pet odors, specifically the odor that urine leaves in carpets and rugs and general smell coming from the pet. The following consumer problem articulations are of interest for solutions:
- Help me keep my pet from making a mess with "bathroom issues" in my house while they are learning or can't control it.
- Help me teach my new pet to go outside.
- Help me control accident mess while my pet is learning.
- Help me control accident mess when my pet can’t control it.
- Help me to clean up urine stains completely
- Help me to remove urine odors completely
- Help me to keep and not have to replace my carpet/rugs/furniture
- Help my house not to smell like my pet
- Help my pet to smell fresh all the time
- If you have ideas and supporting technologies that you believe can be disruptive and are looking to drive agile in-market pilots across the world with the goal of scaling successful services & solutions, our team will be happy to work with you. All ideas and submissions will be fully reviewed by our team. We want to hear from you and partner with you.
pet care, home, pet odor, pet behavior
Know of another company that can help Procter & Gamble with this opportunity?
Have a similar opportunity? Start an opportunity based on this one.